Upon successful completion of one of our training courses we will issue you with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment or Certificate.
Entry requirements - There are no entry requirements to the training programs/courses.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Support (LL&N)
At the initial enrolment interview we assess the candidate’s language, literacy and numeracy skills (LL&N). SWQ Training is committed to reasonable adjustments to provide flexible learning and assessment if required. This may attract a fee for service. Recommendations are given on support agencies to which the candidate can seek assistance with literacy, language and numeracy. Privacy is assured at all times with regards to the candidate’s personal needs. Reasonable adjustment to assessment is made if required so a more suitable assessment is provided for students experiencing difficulties. However, all care is taken to ensure the integrity of the competencies is maintained.
We are committed to supporting students should they need this additional help throughout their training.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
This process is fully explained at the initial enrolment day. It is also explained in our Student Record Book. In brief it is an acknowledgement of a student’s current skills & knowledge gained through life experiences, education, work experience or previous training. You can apply for a full certificate or for single unit of competency. Proof of prior training undertaken needs to be verified by original or certified copies of certificates. Candidates are to meet every performance criteria to be deemed competent in any full unit of competency. You may be able to accelerate completion of the qualification through the RPL process. Any gaps identified may require training.
An RPL Application form must be filled out prior to course commencement and then the candidate will receive an RPL Assessment book to be completed for the units of competency they feel they are currently competent in. This assessment will include challenge test of knowledge. A skills (practical) assessment may be arranged upon request if the assessor believes inadequate evidence of prior training and experience has been provided. A report is generated, results are discussed with candidate and the training plan is drawn up to complete your qualifications. Any student applying for RPL for load shifting or crane courses should be aware that it is a mandatory requirement that all applicants must undertake a challenge test which comprises the theory and practical assessments set by WHSQ. RPL will only be applied to the experience and hours required to be logged for operating High Risk machine/equipment. Application forms are available from the administration office.
An RTO is obliged to recognize the exact same training completed at another RTO by way of granting a credit transfer. If you have completed nationally recognized structured training which had units of competency with content identical to the ones you are enrolling in, you may be eligible for a credit transfer. This means there is no need for repeating the unit/s of competency in your training course. There is no cost involved in a credit transfer. Information and an application form are available on request.
At SWQ Training we abide by the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act and the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations to ensure we have quality systems in place. The following legislation also underpins all our operations and the development of our Policies and Procedures. They have a direct effect on you (the student) and your training. Further information on these acts can be sourced online at http://www.austlii.edu.au
Workplace Health & Safety Act 2011
It provides a framework for managing health and safety risks in Queensland workplaces. The objective is to prevent fatalities, injuries and illness caused by the workplace. SWQ Training has systems in place for managing and minimizing risk for the accredited courses and services we provide. All organizations must comply with this act. We undertake regular safety audits of our premises to ensure the training and assessment environment is safe and secure at all times.
Staff at SWQ Training will ensure that the strict security provisions relating to your personal details are not compromised. Your privacy is assured and any communications between you and our staff will be held in the utmost of confidence. SWQ Training Pty Ltd is committed to complying with privacy legislation at all times. All students and staff must also respect the privacy of others. This means that:
- Students can request to see their own file only.
- Student information is not divulged to any other person except to authorized personnel (legal guardian if student is under 18, trainers/assessors, government department personnel, internal and external auditors.)
- Students may give written signed permission to allow a third party to view their file on your behalf.
All information is stored in a safe and secure cabinet and is not released without your permission. The government audit process is an exception. No photos or comments made by students or employers are not to be used without written permission. The file may be assessed by trainers/assessors only for progress training information. Training records are released to the trainer/ assessor and returned after use.
Refunds and Cancellations
We recognize that students may change their desire to pursue a career in the Construction and Infrastructure and Resources Industries and therefore we have developed a refund policy to meet such contingencies.
If the student/business cancels a course booking prior to commencement of the training course the following charges will apply:
- 7 or more working days notification; Nil course fees apply, as long as all course materials and learner guides are returned to SWQ Training
- 3-6 working days notification before start date; cancellation charges equal to 50% of quoted course fees will be retained/payable. These will be a the discretion of the Manager given the circumstances of each individual cancellation
- Less that 3 working days before start date; full course fees will be retained/payable. These will be at the discretion of the Manager given the circumstances of each individual cancellation
If a student withdraws from the course once it has commenced course fees are payable in full, no refund will be given. Deposit and any monies paid are non-refundable.
Under extreme circumstances this may be reviewed but the decision is with administration on advice by the Director.
If SWQ Training Pty Ltd cancels a training course prior to commencement then all fees and charges already paid to SWQ Training Ptd will be refunded to the student/business in FULL.
SWQ Training Pty Ltd guarentees that once a course has commenced that the student will not be disadvantaged in the unlikely event that the RTO Registering Body has rescinded the registration for that particular course/unit. Cancelling the registration of a course/unit can happen for a number of reasons. One such reason would be that the RTO could't provide sufficient evidence that the course/unit structure meets strict guidelines.
If, for any reason, the course/unit is cancelled by an outside agency SWQ Training will make every effort to have those students enrolled in that particular course/ unit deferred until a solution is met between all parties or alternatively will refund all monies paid and assist the student in enrolling with another RTO with that same scope of registration.
Complaints and Appeals
SWQ Training Pty Ltd has a procedure in place to deal with any concerns, problems or issues you may have about any aspect of your training program. This includes the way it is delivered and the outcomes of your assessment.
The steps to take if you do have a complaint are as follows:
1. Deal with the issue as soon as it arises in order to avoid any disruption or the need for a formal complaint
2. Contact your trainer or assessor immediately as it arises. Details of your complaint or concern will be recorded in writing.
3. The trainer or assessor and the student with the complaint will work together to try and resolve that matter
4. If a solution cannot be reached you are to write a formal letter to SWQ Training's Director/Manager or obtain a complaint form from administration. You are to set out the details of the concern/ problem
5. The Director/ Training Manager will convene a meeting within 7 days, with the aggrieved and all other parties to resolve this issue. A support person may be present at this meeting.
6. If you are still dissatisfied a mediation session will be arranged. An industry representative will be invited to act as an objective party to negotiate a satisfactory resolution. The aggrieved is encourage to have a support person present at this meeting.
7. If a decision is reached all parties sign a resolution document and the decision executed within 7 days.
8. Unresolved issues can be taken through legal avenues, the Anti-discrimination Board, Consumer Affairs or other appropriate bodies. You may lodge a complaint against the RTO with the Registering Body (ASQA) via ASQA's online complaint form. ASQA uses information received through student complaints to ensure that training providers are delivering quality training and assessment services.
9. All outcomes are record and file in the Grievance/Complaints register.
If you are dissatisfied with your assessment result you may lodge an appeal within 14 days after receiving your assessment result.
- The appeal must be lodged in writing on the appropriate form, obtained from administration, stating why you are dissatisfied with the assessment decision
- The director will review the appeal and all the evidence provided by you for your assessment
- A 3rd party report will be sought fom the workplace supervisor
- If necessary SWQ Training may seek further evidence such as oral/written answer to questions, work documentation and demonstration
- The Director will make a decision on the result. This decision is final
- All parties sign off and records updated filed.
- If you are still dissatisfied then you can take the matter to the relevant government/regulatory body
For a full summary of SWQ Training's most recent audit results click here.